QUALIFICATIONS: 1. A valid CDL License to drive a school bus.
2. Such additional health and age requirements as the Board may
REPORTS TO: Transportation Supervisor
JOB GOAL: To provide safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy
the fullest possible advantage from the district's curriculum and
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Observe all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
- Maintain discipline when students are on the bus.
- Report undisciplined students to the proper authority.
- Keep assigned bus clean.
- Keep to assigned schedule and route. (The Transportation Director will assign all routes.)
- Check bus before each operation for mechanical defects.
- Notify the proper authorities in case of mechanical failure or lateness.
- Discharge students only at authorized stops.
- Exercise responsible leadership when on out-of-district school trips.
- Transport only authorized students.
- Report all accidents and completes required reports on time.
- Enforce regulations against smoking and eating on the bus.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with
provisions in the School Board’s policy on the Evaluation of
Approved By: ____________________________ Date: ___________________
Reviewed and Agreed By: __________________ Date: __________________
School Bus Driver