21st Century Community Learning Center Site Coordinator
The Dearborn Academy is seeking a 21st Century Community Learning Center Site Coordinator.
Scope of Position:
Plans, implements, hires, supervises, and evaluates all staff, programs and activities to help students strive to improve in academics, attendance, behavior, promotion rates and graduation rates; specifically, for the 21st Century Community Learning Center program at on campus site.
Position Specific Responsibilities and Duties: (include but are not limited to):
- Plan develop, implement and evaluate programs, services and activities for the site in cooperation with the grant supervisor.
- Establish programs, activities that prepare youth for success, promoting safety of members and quality in programs at all times.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the approved grant contract with MDE.
- Provide administration and direction to manage the after-school program.
- Contract for and monitor service delivery of vendors.
- Supervise and monitor staff.
- Work in partnership with school-day and partner agencies.
- Manage the recruitment and retention of students.
- Plan and conduct parent and family service events.
- Facilitate communication to all staff with teachers, principals, parents, community partners, and Project Director.
- Ensure that the program has a posted schedule and daily written lesson plans with staff assigned to specific duties.
- Maintain all staff and student attendance and enrollment records and ensure that all records are up to date in the statewide evaluation system (EZReports and YPQA).
- Attend all mandatory meetings, conferences and trainings.
- Create a club environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Understand your responsibility as a role model for youth.
- Plan develop, implement and evaluate programs, services and activities for site.
- Document all outcomes and objectives as needed in reports to MDE.
- Provide accurate financial documentation and management for the site.
- Hire part-time teachers and recruit volunteer staff to meet federal and state requirements.
- Supervise the performance of teachers, program volunteers, and community based organizations’ staff.
- Provide leadership at special programs and/or events.
- Make a positive contribution to after-school team and campus teacher department meetings.
- Actively recruit students who are recommended for the program by teachers, counselors, and administrators.
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to manage situations of ambiguity, including helping monitor and supervise students during the after-school hour program.
- Develop and maintain public relations.
- Update and maintain skills in use of current technology and information management systems.
- Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders and organizations.
- Maintain daily contact with principal, teachers, after-school staff and volunteers to discuss issues, challenges any opportunities.
- Provide guidance and discipline to students.
- Meet weekly with program director.
- Maintain contact with other youth-serving agencies, schools, and parents of participants.
- The Principal or his/her designee may assign other duties and accountabilities limited to those consistent with the applicable job function and pay grade.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- College course work in education/youth issues, preferred
- CPR and first aid certifications
- Two years’ experience with out-of-school program management preferred
- Experience with child development or leisure studies preferred
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with professionals, parents and students.
- Satisfactory criminal background check and unprofessional conduct check as required by School Safety Legislation.