Paraprofessional III (English Language Learners)
POSITION: Paraprofessional III (English Language Learners)
LOCATION: District Wide
HOURS/STATUS: .75 FTE; 21-30 Hours per Week; 2020-2021 School Year
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
- Support students in their learning, and work towards meeting goals.
- Support the English Learners Teacher (EL) in administering assessments.
- Act as a liaison between students, teachers, administration and families.
- Support the EL Teacher in maintaining accurate and complete records.
- Utilize technology with ease, for day-to-day support and communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years of post-secondary education or combination equivalent to 90 hours of approved study.
- Paraprofessional III Certification from the Maine Department of Education.
- Three or more years’ experience supporting ELL Students preferred.
- Demonstrated record keeping skills.
- Knowledge of technological resources and comfort using computer daily.
- Knowledge of child development over a range of ages.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible and travel to multiple schools.
- Proven ability to function as a team member.
- Must be physically capable of lifting up to 50+ lbs.
MSAD No. 75 is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)