Substitute School Bus Driver Trainee; multiple positions available
Posted 2 months ago
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must hold or be able to obtain a "Class B" CDL license and a School Bus Driver permit
- Must be able to pass the required criminal background check (Illinois State Police and FBI) for School Bus Drivers
- Must be able to pass the annually required drug and alcohol screenings and physical examination
- Good Human Relations & Communication Skills
- Once candidates are hired for these positions, the District will provide all the training necessary for them to become licensed School Bus Drivers. This training includes "book training" to prepare candidates for written tests required by the Illinois Secretary of State as well as Behind the Wheel training to prepare candidates for the driving test required by the Illinois Secretary of State.
- Candidates will be compensated for training time and many of the expenses required to secure the necessary license.
- Substitute employment is on an at-will basis. Work is usually available five days per week, however, and it’s possible to work up to forty (40) hours per week as a Sustitute. Licensed School Bus Drivers are eligible to apply for permanent positions as they become available.
- Please contact Director of Transportation Amy Magrini at (217) 351-3993 or email@example.com if you have specific questions about training or licensure.