Job | Posted a year ago
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university.
- Requirements as set by the State of New Hampshire Certification Authorities and Board of School Committee regulations.
- State of NH Teacher Certification in School Counselor (0040) or other approved certification status may be considered.
To help students overcome problems that impede learning and to assist them in making educational, occupational, and life plans that hold promise for their personal fulfillment as mature and responsible members of society. The counselor will adhere to the professional standards and code of ethics set forth by the American Association for Counseling and Development and the American School Counselors Association.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- To help plan and develop the guidance program and the curriculum in relation to the needs of students.
- Register new students; orient them to school procedures and to available opportunities for learning.
- Assist students in course and subject selections and oversee the maintenance of student records as well as protect their confidentiality.
- Assist students in evaluating their aptitudes and abilities through the interpretation of standardized test scores, observation, interviews, and other pertinent data, and work with the students in evolving education and occupation plans in terms of such evaluations.
- Strive to discover and develop special abilities of students and help prevent student drop-out.
- Work to resolve students’ educational handicaps.
- Remain readily available to students so as to provide counseling that will lead each student to increased personal growth, self-understanding, and maturity.
- To work with teachers and other staff members to familiarize them with the general range of services offered by the department, and to improve the educational prospects of individual students being counseled.
- Confer with parents and teachers when necessary.
- Work with students on an individual basis in the solution of personal problems related to such problems as home and family relations, health, and emotional adjustment.
- Take an active role in interpreting the school’s objectives to students, parents, and the community at large.
- To consult with administrative and teaching staff in the area of guidance by sharing data which have implications for policy making regarding the structure and process of schooling; participation in the in-service training programs, assisting teachers to secure materials and develop procedures for a variety of classroom group guidance experiences.
Contract Year: 181 days
Effective Date: August 30, 2019
Application Procedure: The Manchester School District uses the Applicant Tracking on-line application process. Please visit our website at www.mansd.org; under Quick Links select Employment Opportunities.Upload resume, cover letter, transcripts, and 3 signed letters of reference written within 12 months of application.
Manchester School District - SAU 37 New Hampshire
286 Commercial St. , Manchester, NH 03101
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $16,146
% ELL Students
State Average: 2%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.35
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 104