Food Service Worker 2.5 hrs (3 positions)
Springfield Local Schools
Notice of Classified Vacancy
2019-2020 School Year
POSITION: Food Service (2 positions)
LOCATION: Springfield High School
HOURS: 2.5 hours (10:50 a.m. - 1:20 p.m.) Monday thru Friday
RATE OF PAY: Per adopted salary schedule
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Willingness to work with students, staff and community members
- Good health, high moral character, good attendance and work record.
- Prior food service experience preferred.
- A commitment to become a member of Food and Nutrition Organizations when the opportunity is available.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Alternatives to the above qualifications that the Board of Education may find appropriate.
- Assists in the preparation of food portions and prepares cafeteria.
- Assists in daily clean-up of kitchen and all food service area to include, but not limited to, cleaning of food preparation and serving counters, food service equipment, and operation and cleaning of dish washing machine.
- Serves students in staff from cafeteria counter.
- Maintains the trash and garbage collection area in a neat and sanitary fashion in kitchens.
- Assumes responsibility for storage and disposal of unused foods.
- Performs related duties as required including duties at special meal functions.
- Responsible for filling out own time sheet.
- Use cash register or Point of Sale (POS) system to do lunchroom tabulation.
- Reports absence or change in shift into AESOP or food service supervisor.
- Performs any other assignments issued by the Supervisor of Food Service or manager of that food service operation.
- If available, accesses and responds to electronic communication (i.e. website, email, voicemail, etc.) daily.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT SUBSTITUTE with Springfield Local Schools -Please apply on-line as an EXTERNAL candidate to be considered for this opening, at www.springfield-schools.org by 4:00 pm on Wednesday, June 19, 2019.