Crystal Lake School District 47 has openings for Substitute Registered Nurses for the 2020-2021 school year. This position provides direct nursing services to students and staff members to maximize health and wellness in the school community. All duties are performed in accordance with district/ state Board of Education policies and procedures and state law regarding nurse practice.
The ideal candidate will:
- Provide direct professional nursing services: first aid, illness, and emergency care to students and staff in response to the nursing assessment and in accordance with professional standards, school policy and procedures, and state and local mandates
- Administer medication and treatment with appropriate documentation
- Make appropriate assessment and referrals for suspected abuse/ neglect as a mandated reporter
- Contact parents regarding student absences, illness or injuries
- Complete accident/ incident reports for students
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all school and health-related issues
- Enter encounters with students in the health office into Synergy (electronic reporting system)
- Perform other health or school-related work as required
- Currently registered in State of Illinois
- Active RN License
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation program completion
- Computer literacy and competency in use of existing technology
- Some experience in a hospital setting or similar acute care setting is preferable
- Knowledge of HIPAA laws
- Demonstrate high levels of flexibility, have excellent interpersonal communication skills, effectively communicating with parents and students, articulation, creativity, organizational skills, confidentiality, maintain a positive attitude and cooperativeness.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Have the ability to work independently and manage time commitments.
- Transportation required.
- Strong identity with professional nursing standards and ethics.