Professional Learning Specialist - Professional Development P-12 (2019-2020 School Year)
Job | Posted a year ago
Position: Professional Learning Specialist - Professional Development P-12
190 Day Position
Salary: 190 Day Teacher Salary Scale
All new teachers are required to attend the New Teacher Induction Program on July 17, 18, 19, 22, and 23, 2019.
- Responsible for providing professional development and instructional coaching support to teachers toward the goal of increased student learning.
- Coordinate and present relevant workshops and in-services to HCBOE staff.
- Model and coach research-based effective instructional strategies in classrooms.
- Present model lessons in classrooms.
- Visit classrooms to provide observational feedback and support to teachers.
- Engage in discussions with teachers to encourage reflection on effectiveness of teaching strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hold or be eligible for a minimum of a T-4 (Bachelor’s level) Georgia Educator Certificate (preferred).
- Minimum of five years of successful experience teaching P-12 (preferred).
- Recent participation at relevant district, state, and other gifted education professional development opportunities focusing on research-based instructional techniques and lesson planning.
Henry County Schools - McDonough
100 Austin Road , Stockbridge, GA 30281
At the following locations
33 North Zack Hinton Parkway , McDonough, GA 30253
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,179
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.55
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 968