(9) P/T Instructional Assistants - Kennett Consolidated School District
Effective for the 2019-2020 school year, 9 vacancies for part-time Instructional Assistants exist within the 21st Century Community Learning Center Program, Student Services Division of the CCIU. These positions will work with elementary, middle, and high school age English Language Learners in the Kennett Consolidated Area School Districts during the afterschool program. Program locations will be in the Kennett Consolidated School District.
Qualifications:1. High School diploma, required
2. Experience working with bilingual/bicultural students, preferred
3. Experience working with elementary students, preferred
4. Computer and current technology knowledge required
5. Must have Act 33 and 34 Clearances
6. Must have Federal Criminal History record
7. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with planning and implementation of summer supplemental educational programs for at-risk Latino elementary students
- Assist with regular communication with participating students’ parents, teachers, guidance counselors, and administrators, as necessary
- Assist with facilitation of the involvement of parents in the education of their children through translation/interpretation and dissemination of information
- Assist with the planning and implementation of Parent Involvement activities within the 21st Century Community Learning Center program
Estimated work days and hours:
Afterschool programs run from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday – Friday, during the school year.
$14.02 - $20.74 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer
Chester County Intermediate Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Chester County Intermediate Unit ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Chester County Intermediate Unit has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources at 484-237-5085.