(11) P/T Student Support Specialist - Kennett Consolidated
Effective for the 2019-2020 school year, 11 vacancies for part-time Student Support Specialists exist within the 21st Century Community Learning Center Program, Student Services Division of the CCIU. These positions will work with PreK to 12th grade English Language Learners during the afterschool program in the Kennett Consolidated School District. Positions will be located throughout the Kennett Consolidated School District.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, required
- Experience working with bilingual/bicultural students, preferred
- Experience working with PreK to 12th grade students, preferred
- Must have Act 33 and 34 Clearances
- Must have Federal Criminal History record
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plan and implement afterschool supplemental educational programs for elementary English Language Learners (ELLs)
2. Communicate regularly with participating students’ parents, teachers, guidance counselors, and administrators, as necessary
3. Assist with facilitation of the involvement of parents in the education of their children through translation/interpretation and dissemination of information
4. Plan and implement Parent Involvement activities within the 21st Century Community Learning Center (CCLC) program
5. Communicate regularly with community agencies and social services that serve our participating families to keep them informed of the 21st CCLC program activities and to identify what services are offered
6. Educate and refer participating families to community agencies, social services and schools to expand the supports offered to them
Estimated work days and hours:
Afterschool programs run from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. , Monday - Friday, during the school year.
2019-2020 Salary:Starting at $26.10 - $32.63 per hour
Project, Band 13
Equal Opportunity Employer
Chester County Intermediate Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Chester County Intermediate Unit ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Chester County Intermediate Unit has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources at 484-237-5085.