Crystal Lake School District 47 has Substitute Paraprofessional openings for the 2020-2021 school year. This position provides instructional support services in a general education or self-contained classroom setting to students with special needs under the supervision of a teacher or other professional staff member.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with teachers, staff, support services and students
- Maintain anecdotal notes and data recording as needed
- Assist staff with other school related activities when available
- Assist/monitor student to and from bus when needed
- Assist/monitor student(s) recess period – indoors and outdoors when needed
- Assist/monitor student(s) in lunchroom and hallways as appropriate.
- Assist with feeding skills with appropriate supervision/training
- Assist/monitor student(s) with toileting and other physical needs
- Assist with care, correct use and maintenance of adaptive equipment
- Assist student(s) during emergency situations, drills and field trips
- Assist student(s) with instructional activities as outlined by staff utilizing strategies to modify intervention materials as directed
- Administer classroom assessments for students(s)
- Implement behavioral intervention and procedures as needed
- Ability to work with multiple needs across multiple grades
- Maintain high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about student(s)
- Refer any questions or concerns from parents to appropriate staff member
- Education: 60 semester hours of college credit
- Basic knowledge and willingness to learn appropriate use of technology
- Paraprofessional License (ELS) or valid Teaching License
- Requires sitting, standing, lifting, bending, walking and running
- Demonstrate high level of flexibility, positive attitude, patience, perseverance, tenacity and concentration.