Special Education Teacher - Intensive Resource Room
Position: Special Education Teacher - Intensive Resource Room
Location: Dudley Elementary
Organizational Relationship: Reports to building principal and Special Education Supervisor
- Provides individual, small group, and whole-group instruction.
- Monitors student progress in the school environment including academic achievement and behaviors.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment, which may include monitoring specific health concerns of students in the classroom and teaches social skills.
- Plans curriculum, lessons, behavior plans, and special education programs and teaching methods.
- Aligns goals and objectives from individual students to meet the needs of all students.
- Uses data-based decision making to problem solve challenging situations.
- Collects data, reviews, analyzes, and revises implementation plans and interventions.
- Maintains contact with parents/guardians of students.
- Evaluates student progress based on observations, data, and assessments, determines goals, objectives and directions.
- Prepares report cards, educational records, IEP procedures, data collection, behavior plans, classroom observation records, and other forms.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other staff for services.
- Conducts IEP team meetings.
- Uses technology to track student progress, prepare written reports, implement IEPs, and record progress.
- Attends staff and district meetings and trainings as required.
- BS or BA degree
- Valid Michigan certificate with one of the following endorsements: Cognitive Impairment (SA) &/or Emotional Impairment (SE)
- Possess technology skills
- Successful experience working with a diverse population in an urban setting.
- Experience working with children who have disabilities.
- Experience in handling students with challenging behaviors, and teaching social skills.
- Experience in developing academic and behavioral interventions.
- Knowledge of special education law.
- Ability to clearly express ideas and concepts verbally and in writing.
- Background in learning and behavior management.
- Ability to develop and maintain acceptable relationships with school staff
Salary Range: BCEA Teacher Salary Schedule
SCHOOL SAFETY CLEARANCE: The successful candidate will be subject to a fingerprint and background check as a condition of employment. All fees required for this check (estimated $73.00) will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
The Battle Creek Public School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.