Substitute Instructional Aide / Monitor, North Ridgeville City Schools
During this uncertain time, school districts continue to evaluate the structure of learning for their students and staff, that will position them in the most safe environment. We share in this effort and whether it be in classrooms or through remote learning, we will ensure you are provided with necessary guidelines and trainings to be effective in your work and remain healthy.
|POSITION||Substitue Instructional Aide - Monitor|
|LOCATION||North Ridgeville City Schools|
|PAY RATE||$13.11 Hourly|
Rachel Wixey & Associates is proud to support North Ridgeville City Schools for the recruitment of substitute school based employment opportunities throughout their district. Instructional Aides and monitors play an important role in our schools by assisting students and teachers to remain safe and engaged throughout the day.
Responsibilities as Instructional Aide
- Please Note: This job description does not purport to be an exhaustive list of duties, but rather indicates a set ofresponsibilities which may require the performance of unspecified tasks or those duties assigned by the building principal or designee.
- Provide individual or small group help to students in need of reviewing directions, drill, practice, makeup work and tests, research and independent study and projects, learning centers and games, under the planning and supervision of the teacher.
- Assist in the preparation of instructional materials.
- Assist in the setup and operation of instructional and audio-visual equipment.
- Assist the certificated staff with typing, duplication, filing, and record keeping.
- Assist the classroom teacher in checking student work and Objective type tests.
- Assist in supervising students on field trips and in the building, during restroom
- Provide supervision of students in a non-instructional setting.
- Establish and maintain a quiet, well ordered, safe atmosphere and shall expect appropriate behavior from students at all times.
- Intervene in·a prescribed manner with students whose behavior is inappropriate.
- Keep all knowledge of students, staff and parents confidential.
- Identify students by name.
- Circulate throughout entire area of supervision to insure that students are behaving properly and provide assistance to students who need help.
- Know the student code of conduct and rules for area of supervision.
- Take attendance and keep accurate records, as requested.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Clean criminal background.
- Three (3) positive professional references.
- Experience working with special needs school aged children.
After Hire (Contingent)
- Ohio Department of Education Educational Aide Permit ($25), or higher license.
- FBI & BCI Background checks dated within 365 days of hire (Cost varies per agency).
- Part-time; on-call;
- Potential for long term placement; 30-35 hours per week
- Choose your own schedule
- No nights, weekends or holidays
- Enrollment in School Employees Retirement System
- Options for minor medical benefits