MS Track & Field Head Coach
To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self discipline, self confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes.
1. Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program from the varsity to youth sport levels.
2. Has previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport. (Major sports)
3. The head coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
4. The head coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through his/her instructions and actions.
The athletic director, who provides overall objectives and final evaluation in conjunction with the high school principals
In several instances, the head coach must advise, coordinate and support a staff of high school assistant coaches and middle school coaches in conjunction with the athletic director and respective principal.
1. Permits the athletes to only be in authorized areas of the building at the appropriate times and provides supervision to those athletes at all times.
2. Examines locker rooms before and after practices and games, checking on general cleanliness of the facility. Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of specific sport equipment.
3. Secures all doors, lights, windows and locks before leaving building if custodians are not on duty.
4. Instills in each player a respect for equipment and school property, its care and proper use.
1. Organizes parents, coaches, players and guests for preseason meetings.
2. Promotes the sport within the school through recruiting athletes who are not in another sports program and promotes the sport outside the school through news media, little league programs, or in any other feasible manner.
3. Responsible for the quality, effectiveness and validity of any oral or written release to local media.
4. Responsible for maintaining good public relations with news media, booster club, parents, officials, volunteers and fans.
5. Presents information to news media concerning schedules, tournaments and results.