JOB TITLE: ESOL Teacher
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Principal
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Valid South Carolina Teaching Certificate or out-of-state certificate
- Bachelor's Degree
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board finds appropriate and acceptable.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English), preferred
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
To lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth and maturation.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and the time designated.
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the district.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Evaluates student progress on a regular basis.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and Board policy.
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
- Accepts a share of responsibility for co-curriculum activities as assigned.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with others.
- Provides for own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
- Integrates technology into the curriculum and teaching.
- Implements the District and State approved Curriculum.
- Follow all state education laws and School Board Policies.
- Performs all other duties that may be asked by supervisor, principal, and/or superintendent.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.