A substitute teacher at a college preparatory charter high school assists, supports, and works closely with teachers, administrators, and other team members in providing educational benefit for students. The person hired in this position would be called in to work on an “as needed” basis. Many scheduling needs are identified ahead of time, such as teacher professional development days, but some are identified on short notice, such as teacher illness.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Any substitute must possess the ability to perform these essential job functions and typical duties:
- Support the mission, vision, values, and goals of the school.
- Create, plan, and teach a rigorous curriculum while meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate student outcomes through informal and formative assessments.
- Effectively and consistently communicates and interacts with students, parents, staff, and community.
- Develops, selects, and differentiates instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students.
- Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and the emotional development of children.
- Experience working with students academically or behaviorally "at-risk" and/or students with special needs is preferred.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Ability to work collaboratively with administration and teaching staff.
- Maintains appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices.
- Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Familiar with educational technology (Smartboards, Moodle, etc.).
- Applicants need to meet Michigan substitute requirements for “highly qualified”
- B.A. and Michigan Certification in grades 9-12 (Secondary) preferred
Apply online at www.prepnetschools.com
Positions will remain open until filled