The Toms River Regional Board of Education anticipates an opening for the following position:
Toms River Regional Schools has 18 schools, 3 support facilities and over 520 acres within all its campuses. Six of our athletic fields are artificial grass with heavy community use. Many of our sites are utilized for State Championship Sporting events. We are excited about our facilities, proud of the workers who maintain them and anticipate great things as we integrate department changes.
There is a need for Grounds Keeper positions
All types of work are undertaken by our staff and the ability to work with others as well as others on team projects is expected. The selected candidates need to demonstrate;
- a strong work ethic with time management skills
- commitment to detail
- Team player with ability to work independently at times with limited assistance
- Good communication skills
- CDL license preferred. All types of work are undertaken by our staff and the ability to work with others on team projects is expected.
- Lawn sprinklering systems and time clock operation
- maintaining grounds- all facets
- lining of fields for all sporting events
- knowledge and use of various types of snow removal equipment, augers for fence installation, chain saws for tree removal, small tools, lawn sprinkler systems, etc.
- jobs include, but are not limited to: maintaining grounds, lining of fields for all sporting events. Knowledge and use of various types of snow removal equipment , augers for fence installation, chain saws for tree removal, small tools, lawn sprinklering systems, etc.
- ability to assist with snow plow operations during winter is critical.
Valid NJ Drivers license required. Abstract will be required. Computer skills a plus.