Athletic Services Worker - School Year 2020-2021
Job | Posted 3 months ago
Education Products and Services
Spring Branch Independent School District
Athletic Services Worker
Job Title: Athletic Services Worker Reports To: Athletic Complex Foreman, Athletic Services Supervisor, Manager of District Grounds and the Executive Director of Athletics or designee Classification: Auxiliary (Skilled Labor) Wage/Hour Status: Non-exempt Days: 250 Salary: See Compensation Plan for Auxiliary Pay Plan, Pay Grade 302 Contract: None Date Revised: 10/23/2019 Primary Purpose: Perform custodial, groundskeeping, and light maintenance work at the District’s Central Athletic Facilities including the Natatorium, Don Coleman Coliseum and the Tully Complex. Oversee certain stadium operations before, during, and after events held at Central Athletic Facilities. Qualifications/Skills: Education/License:
- Minimum ninth (9) grade education or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to obtain an herbicide applicators license.
- Valid current Class “C” Texas driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain a license to operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to work well with peers and managers.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to safely operate and maintain grounds equipment: buffer, floor scrubber, vacuum, etc.
- Work well in a crew environment.
- Ability to perform extensive physical and repetitive activities, including but not limited to custodial work, mopping, buffing, heavy lifting, moving furniture, pushing, pulling, bending and reaching.
- Minimum one (1) year experience operating grounds equipment and large mowers.
Responsibilities: Grounds and Landscaping:
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of all Central Athletic Facilities and associated grounds.
- Assist in maintaining all equipment and buildings at Central Athletic Complexes.
- Perform Groundskeeping duties at Central Athletic Facilities as needed.
- Mow and detail district grounds.
- Care for trees, shrubs and flowers by watering, pruning, fertilizing, mulching, caring for beds and controlling weeds.
- Plant shrubs and vegetation.
- Water grounds and apply fertilizer.
- Collect and dispose of leaves, dirt, rubbish and refuse from district facilities.
- Assist with the inspection, repair and installation of sprinkler systems.
- Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Help keep vehicle, equipment and tools in safe operating condition.
- Inspect and adjust tools and equipment for safety and efficiency and perform preventive maintenance as needed.
- Assist in the setup for all events scheduled at Central Athletic Facilities.
- Work at Central Athletic Facility events after normal working hours. This includes: a) Working at different facility sites. Transporting self and equipment to these sites. b) Working in excess of eight hours per day, many days. c) Activities occur on all seven days of any given week. d) Duties include any normal daily activities plus those listed below in the next two (2) sections.
Work with administrators, police, coaches, students, and spectators during contests and events to ensure stadium regulations are followed and a safe, secure, pleasant atmosphere exists for the students, officials, coaches and spectators.
- Assist with after game/contest/event duties as designated.
- Work during all graduations scheduled at Don Coleman Coliseum.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities: None Equipment Used: Tractor and mower, riding and power mower, gas-powered weed trimmer, blower, edger, sprayer, striping machine, garden and hand tools, posthole auger, aerator. Light truck or van. Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Continual standing, walking, pushing and pulling.
- Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling and climbing (ladder), moderate lifting and carrying.
- Occasional overtime is required.
- Work for continuous or extended periods of time.
- Exposure to sun, heat, cold, poor weather conditions and/or mechanical equipment noise.
- Exposure to chemicals (herbicides and fertilizer).
- Work outside and around moving objects or vehicles.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.
Spring Branch ISD
955 Campbell , Houston, TX 77024
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558