COMPUTER APPLICATION TEACHER
This course is designed to provide students with an opportunity to develop and improve correct keyboarding techniques and gain a basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, graphics, and telecommunications applications. Students will learn to use software packages and local and worldwide network communications systems. Understand computer technology concepts such as fair use and copyright policies for text, music and video. Understand how to correctly share files downloading; learn the rules for using copyright materials and various open-source libraries such as Wikipedia images. Students will demonstrate an understanding of computer the concepts through the application of their knowledge obtained. The real-world impact of technology, effective communication, and interpersonal skills is evident throughout the course.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Meet State of Michigan requirements for teacher certification in the required subject area(s) and grade level(s).
- Candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Exceptional skill in planning, delivering and assessing student learning.
- Exceptional knowledge in research based instructional strategies and ability to implement them effectively.
- Knowledge in the use of technology to support instruction.
- Ability to maintain high standards of professional conduct at all times.
- Punctuality, good attendance and strong work ethics in all areas.
- Ascribe to the philosophy that all children can succeed and demonstrates the commitment to do what is necessary to make this a reality.
- Provide direct instruction and intervention to students.
- Teach knowledge and skills in informational technology and web design.
- The Teacher will encourage students to set and maintain high standards of responsibility for their learning and behavior.
- Provide the students with leadership opportunities, such as a technology club or other activities.
- Prepare lesson plans and show preparation upon request by school administration.
- Possess a working knowledge of the State of Michigan Common Core guidelines and integrate them into the subject area you teach.
- Evaluate each student’s performance on a continual basis when necessary, refer students who need assistance.
- Prepare progress reports
- Differentiated instruction to meet the needs of each student according to varying needs of student
- Knowledge of learning styles and skill in using varied teaching methods to address student-learning styles.
- Design coherent instruction and student assessments
- Ability to plan and implement a variety of activities for maximum effectiveness of instruction and student participation.
- Observe students for behavioral problems and ensure that any behavioral issues are quickly and tactfully addressed to
- Develop key incentives to ensure students’ participation in class
- Classroom management utilizing positive behavior support model
- Create an environment of respect and rapport
- Use of varied teaching strategies
- Use of effective formative and summative assessment techniques
- Employ a variety of research-based instructional strategies and instructional media consistent with the capabilities, needs and physical limitations of students.
- Instruct rules of conduct and ensure classroom and campus discipline.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, on-going professional developments and grade level/content area meetings and trainings.
- Maintain appropriate administrative records according to district policy.
- Consistently support and uphold school policies and procedures.
- Model self-discipline and ethical behavior. Present self in a professional manner through appropriate dress, communication techniques and demeanor.
- Skill in oral and written communication with students, parents and others.
- Ability to maintain appropriate student supervision so that students have a safe and orderly environment in which to learn.
- Ability to work effectively with peers, administrators and others.
- Communicate with parents and school counselors on pupil progress
- Participate in curriculum and other developmental programs...
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the school and/or in self-selected professional growth activities
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal or designee.
Job Type: Full-time