Dean of Students
JOB GOAL: To coordinate an efficient and expeditious operation of student related activities and school wide discipline by accepting the responsibility for maintaining positive
leadership among students and staff, maintaining on-going communication with the school leadership team and staff, and assist with duties and activities throughout
each school year.
- Work with the school leadership team to provide a consistent and unified process regarding student policies and procedures including disciplinary procedures.
- Manage all S-Code discipline violations including due process for disciplinary action.
- Manage monthly COGNOS discipline report to be shared with the leadership team.
- Schedule monthly meetings with the Visiting Teacher to ensure that all students enrolled in the district are accounted for and live within the boundaries of the district.
- Serve as the leadership team liaison for SCOPE and other discipline-related educational placements, for the District’s Crisis Management Plan, for LBOE approved polices related to students such as the Anti-Bullying & Cyber-Bullying Policy, Cell-Phone Policy, Discipline Code, and other policies determined by the District.
- Attend Laurel Board of Education Student (disciplinary) hearings.
- Coordinate and manage and assist the leadership team with:
- Student Handbook
- Morning and Afternoon bus duty.
- Lunch Shift supervision.
- After-school and evening student activities and athletic events.
- Tardy office and,
- Excessive student tardies and absences including student/parent meetings as needed.
- Student locker distribution.
- Staff and student parking lot assignments.
- Building evacuations and lock-downs.
- Other assigned duties as assigned.
ANNUAL EVALUATION: Conducted by the Assigned Evaluator (School administrator)
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in education.
2. School Principal and Assistant School Principal certification or evidence of enrollment in a DDOE approved school leadership program required.
3. Applicant must demonstrate a level of knowledge and/or experience appropriate to the position.
4. Favorable criminal background and child protection registry check for the candidate offered employment.
5. Tuberculin test.
6. Participation in Direct Deposit.
TERMS OF 1. Salary based on State and local salary schedule
EMPLOYMENT: 2. Benefits in accordance with current Laurel Board policy
APPLICATION 1. Letter of Interest 4. Evidence of certification
PROCEDURE: 2. Resume’ 5. College transcripts
3. District Application 6. Three letters of professional reference
*Current employees only need to submit a letter of interest
MAILING Laurel School District
ADDRESS: Attention Judy Evans
1160 South Central Avenue
Laurel, DE 19956
DATE POSTED: July 15, 2019
CLOSING DATE: All documents must be received by 12:00 noon on July 22, 2019. Position will remain open until filled.
The Board of Education reserves the right to reject any or all applicants, re-advertise and/or withdraw any or all positions. The District reserves the right to modify and/or delete any possible vacancy at its discretion for this position. An open and continuous search process will be conducted until this position is filled. The Laurel School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.