Social Worker - NJ Certified
LEAP Academy University Charter School is seeking a New Jersey Certified Licensed Social Worker that will provide holistic student support services and assist the Director of Family Support Center & Student Counseling in (DFSC) the support of students emotional and behavior well-being.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- High passion and drive in providing exceptional service to LEAP student, parents, and staff;
- Proven exceptional communications skills; approach, delivery, and relationship building;
- High flexibility and open-mindedness towards role and duties; “whatever it takes” mentality;
Clinical Services & Case Management
- Work with Director of Family Support Center (DFSC) and Director of Special Education to develop behavioral plans for students receiving counseling with long and short term goals; monitoring and updating regularly.
- Assist Director to schedule ‘mini-classes ‘for students to address various behavioral concerns; monitoring grades, attendance, and log entries;
- Refer students for additional support as aligned with LEAP’s holistic approach (tutoring, vision screenings, mentoring, peer mediation, other intense counseling, and agencies as needed;
- Support crisis interventions requested by Principals working with The Division of Child Protection & Permanency (DCP&P) of the State of New Jersey, local authorities, and families.
- Partner with DFCS in weekly meetings with Behavior Specialists, Principals, Interns, and other Administrators to review and monitor progress of student counseling; ensuring accurate recordkeeping in ETO.
- Keeping accurate student discipline records, documenting all conferences, suspensions, and phone calls for behavior.
- Continuously educate teachers and parents with respect to behavioral concerns and academic success.
- Perform teacher-student mediation sessions; as well as assist in student-student mediation sessions and participate in student behavioral crisis-interventions.
- Develop content and facilitate monthly workshops (health/nutrition, homework management, TV/social networking, health crisis, bullying, etc) through the Wellness/Behavior Health Center
- Support and engage; bringing awareness through LEAP’s annual Walk-A-Thon, health fairs, various association partnerships, and work with donors.
- Ensure that behavioral expectations and school culture standards are met outside of the classroom as well as inside, including establishing and monitoring bus behavior/culture as well as cafeteria/meal time behavior and culture.
- Supervising lunch, in-between class transitions, enrichment, and dismissal, ensuring students are always where they are supposed maintaining a professional school culture at these times.
- Regularly maintains and analyzes conduct data to improve school culture, providing feedback to teachers and administration.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by assigned by the Director of Family Support Center or Lead Person.
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW), Sociology, Psychology, or other Social Sciences
- New Jersey Certified Social Worker (CSW), Licensed Social Worker (LSW), or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Required experience in working in urban neighborhoods
All interested candidates should apply directly through the LEAP University Academy Charter School website in the “Careers” section: http://www.leapacademycharter.org/careers.html