Professional Learning Specialist - Advanced Learning P-12 (2019-2020 School Year)
Position: Professional Learning Specialist - Advanced Learning P-12
190 Day Position
Salary: 190 Day Teacher Salary Scale The 2019-2020 Salaries will be posted as soon as they are available.
All new teachers are required to attend the New Teacher Induction Program on July 17, 18, 19, 22, and 23, 2019.
- Responsible for providing professional development and instructional coaching support to teachers toward the goal of increased student learning.
- Coordinate and present relevant workshops and in-services to HCBOE staff.
- Model and coach research-based effective instructional strategies in classrooms.
- Present model lessons in classrooms.
- Visit classrooms to provide observational feedback and support to teachers.
- Engage in discussions with teachers to encourage reflection on effectiveness of teaching strategies.
- Hold or be eligible for a minimum of a T-4 (Bachelor’s level) Georgia Educator Certificate and Gifted In-Field Endorsement (preferred).
- Minimum of five years of successful experience teaching Gifted grades P-12 (preferred).
- Recent participation at relevant district, state, and other gifted education professional development opportunities focusing on research-based instructional techniques and lesson planning.