Title 1 Tutor FTE 1.0 (2 Positions)
ROCKFORD PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT #205
Job Title: Title I Tutor
Job Code: 6406
Department: Improvement and Innovation
Supervisor: Executive Director of Improvement and Innovation
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To provide supplemental interventions to lower achieving students during non-school hours while integrating the academic components of the school day.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In addition to the requirements listed below, regular attendance is an essential function of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ensures that all actions are in concert with the Board policies as well as the mission statement, beliefs, objectives and parameters found in the Board’s strategic plan.
- Carries out such additional duties as required or as conditions necessitate.
- Participates in job training and professional growth opportunities in order to enhance ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- Each tutor will instruct small groups of students using curriculum designed (but not limited to) to enhance math and/or reading skills.
- The position requires knowledge of district Academic standards, goals and objective.
- Tutor prepares the assigned classroom in a manner to encourage engaged and cooperative learning during non-school hours and returns it to daytime usage at the end of the session.
- Tutor will participate in professional development opportunities when provided by the district.
- Tutor will work closely with the building principal to use best practices and best materials to help students with specific skill areas.
- Works collaboratively with other staff/tutors and volunteers.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree and State Certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates professionalism and contributes to a positive work environment
- Task and time management
- Exhibits solid and consistent classroom management skills.
- Effectively uses verbal, non-verbal, writing and listening skills.
- Maintains acceptable attendance record and is punctual.
Moderate in-district travel as well as intermittent in-state and out-of-state travel. Intermittent prolonged and irregular hours of work.
This job description describes duties and responsibilities which are representative of the nature and level of work assigned to the position. The identified duties and responsibilities are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the school district and employee and is subject to change by the school district as the needs of the school district and requirements of the job change.