Instructional Assistants - 2019/2020 School Year - Child & Career Development Center and Learning Center
At the present time, vacancies exist for part-time and full-time Instructional Assistants within the Student Services division of the Chester County Intermediate Unit, located in Coatesville, PA. These positions are set to begin approx. 8/13/2019. All positions are benefits-eligible.
- Child & Career Development Center - Coatesville, PA
- Learning Center - Coatesville, PA
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associates degree or higher or completion of two years of post-secondary education or 48 credit hours from an accredited college or university preferred
- Experience with special needs population preferred
- Experience working with students with severe behavioral issues preferred
- Must have completed or be willing to complete Devereux Personal Emergency Interventions Training
- CPR/First Aid certification preferred
- Current police, child abuse & FBI Fingerprint clearances required
- Clearance as an MA provider by the Commonwealth of PA and federal government (conducted by CCIU upon hire)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Applicants will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of a basic skills program or educational programing and performing duties as directed by the educational consultant or classroom teacher. Duties may include individual tutoring or one-on-one support for a student with special needs. Some lifting may be required. Applicant must have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team in an educational setting. Physical intervention with students in crisis will be required.
$14.02 - $20.74 per hour
- Part-time: 8 AM - 3 PM, 6.5 hours per day Monday through Friday; 186 days per year
- Full-time: 7:45 AM - 3:15 PM, 7.5 hours per day Monday through Friday; 186 days per year
To find out more about the Child and Career Development Center (CDC), please go here: https://www.cciu.org/Domain/59
To find out more about the Learning Center, please go here: https://www.cciu.org/learningcenter
jar & ee
Equal Opportunity Employer
Chester County Intermediate Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Chester County Intermediate Unit ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Chester County Intermediate Unit has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources at 484-237-5085.