Position: Lunchroom Cook
Reports To: Lunchroom Manager
Minimum Qualifications: Any combination of training and experience equivalent to the 10th grade and one year of experience as a Lunchroom Worker with the Chillicothe Board of Education or equivalent experience elsewhere. New employee must have passed Civil Service test and be on current list of qualified candidates.
General Duties: Responsible for the preparation of meals using approved menus and recipes to meet the proper quantities and quality of lunches outlined by the food service department.
Specific Performance Duties:
1. Prepares and cooks meats, vegetables and other foods
2. Supervises and participates in the work of lunchroom workers assigned
to assist in food preparation activities.
3. Mixes necessary ingredients and bakes rolls, cakes and cookies etc.
4. Maintains standards of sanitation in the kitchen
5. Participates in the serving of student and staff meals
6. Insures that proper procedures and safety measures are followed in food
preparation, serving, and clean-up
7. Assists in the receiving, storage and inventory of food and non food supplies
8. Maintains student confidentiality regarding Free and Reduced Lunch Program
9. Attends inservice and training programs
10. Performs other duties as assigned
Terms Of Employment: Seven hours per day, one hundred and eighty days per work year.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board of Education’s policy on evaluation of support services personnel.
This job description in no manner states or implies these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the position incumbent. The incumbent will be required to follow instructions and perform duties required by the incumbent’s supervisor, appointed authority, or designee.