Bi-Lingual School Psychologist
Job | Posted 2 months ago
- Pennsylvania Certified School Psychologist
- Minimum three years of experience in school psychology; experience with urban youth preferred
- Excellent skills in communication, establishing positive interpersonal relationships and leadership
- Must have the ability to effectively solve problems in a professional manner
- Act 34 Clearance, Act 151 Clearance, FBI Clearance, Act 24 Clearance, Drug Test
- Act 126 & Act 71 Certification
- Standard Teaching Application and Resume required
- Administer standardized assessments for the purpose of identifying student intellectual abilities, academic achievement, motor skills, behavioral concerns and mental health status for the purpose of determining eligibility for special education services and to assist in developing interventions for the students.
- Complete all necessary special education documents as mandated by chapter 14 such as ACCESS, ER/ RR, IEP, NOREP, etc. as well as other documents necessary to perform the job and document activities.
- Complete all necessary gifted evaluation documents as mandated by chapter 15 such as GWR and NORA etc. as well as other documents necessary to perform the job and document activities
- Demonstrate an understanding of current instructional practices that promote student achievement
- Maintain professional competence by participating in district professional development and self-selected professional growth activities
- Collaborates and consults with a variety of groups and/or individuals (e.g. parents, teachers, physicians, administration, maintenance personnel, team members, other professionals, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information, resolving issues and providing services in compliance with established guidelines.
- Plan, schedule, and/ or participates in a variety of meetings (e.g. training, workshops, CSST meetings, IEPs, team meetings, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information.
- Responds to inquiries (e.g. parents, teachers, staff, students, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or referral as appropriate.
- Knowledge of/or understanding of probability and statistics to complete standardized assessments
- Ensure compliance in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative policies, and state, municipal and federal regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrate professional conduct with colleagues, students, and parents in accordance with district and local police, procedures and rules
- Lead by example through demonstrating punctuality, respectfulness, and responsibility and encouraging students to take pride in their classroom, school and community
- Perform all other duties assigned by the district and building principal
York City School District
York City School District Po Box 1927 , York, PA 17405
At the following locations
31 N. Pershing Avenue , York, PA 17401
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $16,365
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.21
% IEP Students
State Average: 18%
State Average: 302