Secretary to the Superintendent's Office
Job | Posted 2 years ago
TITLE: Secretary Superintendent’s Office
- Has a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate
- Has the ability to read and follow written directions
- Has three years of increasingly responsible secretarial and clerical experience
- Has the ability to type at a skill level of 50 words per minute
- Has specialized skills in filing, telephone and computer operation
- Has the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Has demonstrated competence in correspondence and respect for confidentiality
- Has prior experience or education that indicates an ability to handle pressure and deal with changing tasks and time schedule
- Has demonstrated the ability or potential to relate to and work effectively with staff and community
JOB GOAL: To assist in the overall administration of the office of the Superintendent.
- Is familiar with and follows written statutes, policies, procedures and directions related to job responsibilities.
- Composes/communicates various types of information including, but not limited to, correspondence, reports and Open Records Requests according to state law.
- Organization and maintenance of the record-keeping system for all student Tier III hearings and all correspondence regarding hearing dates to principals and parents for the Director of Pupil Personnel on behalf of the Superintendent.
- Communicates with appropriate administrators in regards to Express Concerns received from parents or community members.
- Assist in greeting and providing information to parents, students, staff and others via the telephone and in person.
- Operate computer and peripheral equipment, utilizing various software as required to enter, revise and update information: generate records, reports, lists, scheduling and summaries as needed for assigned job.
- Communicate with other departments and/or schools to compile information and prepare reports as assigned.
- Performs other duties consistent with the position assigned as may be requested by the Superintendent.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Salary – Hourly (Grade 9)
- 8 hrs. per day
- 40 hrs per week
- 246 Days
- 12 months
- Board Approved: 6/14/2018
Boone County Schools
8330 US Highway 42 , Florence, KY 41042
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,394
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.39
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 525