Anticipated Middle School Intervention Specialist
Position Title: Middle School Intervention Specialist, Full-Time
Brief Job Description: Harrison School District 36 is seeking a full-time Middle School Intervention Specialist. District 36 is committed to working with smaller groups of students and teams of teachers. Knowledge in student-centered methods, such as problem-based learning and project-based learning is helpful in working with our highly effective teaching staff.
- Successful teaching experience desired, but not necessary;
- Valid Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL);
- Middle School Endorsement.
- Assess students and groups of students using various test results to help determine placement.
- Use data, such as progress reports and academic areas of trouble, to provide instruction to students and bring their skills up to grade-level.
- Monitor the progress of his or her entire caseload, maintain records and communicate with parents and teachers.
- Attend and participate in ongoing training sessions, data analysis meetings and workshops.
- Work with team to help identify the best practices for individual students and groups of students.
- Provide input regarding the development and implementation of an intervention plan.
- Work with teachers to teach the intervention tactics.
- Show the ability to create and maintain a safe, orderly environment that is conducive to learning.
- Member of the MTSS Committee.
Date Position(s) Available: 2020-2021 School Year
Salary: Based on Harrison Teachers’ Association Collective Bargaining Agreement
Application Process: Apply through Applitrack only, do not send email or paper applications to Harrison School or to personnel at the school. We screen all candidates through Applitrack.