Job | Posted a year ago
Richland County School District One, South Carolina
Job Description: Librarian
Function: To develop, implement and maintain integrated information technology programs and services to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information.
Directly responsible to: Principals
Supervises: Media Assistants (as assigned)
Salary: $41,566 to $77,278
As Information Specialist
- Serve as a member of professional committees for the development of activities, training materials and programs to disseminate information technology.
- Support and participate in cooperative resource sharing with other information technology centers and local state and national information agencies through loan services and electronic communication formats.
- Involve patrons in selection and evaluation of materials, information databases and related equipment to support learning objectives.
- Provide teachers with information about new materials and current information technology developments in their specific instructional areas.
- Provide consultative services in selection, purchase, evaluation and use of information technology resources.
- Implement a public relations program that promotes literacy and use of the information technology center, services and resources.
- Maintain a central collection of statistical data, media/technology review, publisher/vendor catalogs and other pertinent information for educators.
- Provide a developmentally appropriate collection for resources that meet the information and recreational needs of all students.
- Participate in professional development opportunities provided and/or promoted by district, state and national organizations.
- Provide in-service training and information for teachers to promote effective utilization of information technology and the development of innovative instructional activities.
- Assist patrons in the production of learning materials such as multimedia, video, photography, etc.
- Partner with teacher in integrating information literacy strategies with appropriate curriculum activities.
As an Instructional Partner
- Participate in the design of the total school curriculum and instructional program.
- Provide facilities and opportunities for individual and group study and production of resources.
- Use open access model to provide patrons with full accessibility to the information technology resources.
- Establish an environment that encourages creative and independent use of all types of information technology.
- Contribute to students” development in reading, viewing, listening, evaluating and communicating using available technologies.
- Plan collaboratively with teachers to ensure that a variety of resources and information literacy skills are integrated with classroom instruction.
As Program Administrator
- Plan, implement and evaluate information technology services to best meet student needs, district goals and school objectives.
- Monitor standards, guidelines, emerging practices and innovations in the library, media and information technology and education fields.
- Develop and administer the budget and maintain appropriate records.
- Organize and circulate information technology materials, services and related equipment for easy accessibility according to established district standards.
- Maintain a centralized, up-to-date bibliographic database for school information technology resources using the district automation system.
- Maintain and/or provide access to a professional library and education related informational databases to assist school educators.
- Manage the information technology center with procedures that facilitate maximum use of services and resources.
- Provide storage, distribution and system of accountability for information technology resources.
- Supervise staff assigned to the information technology center.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively relate to students and staff.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Broad knowledge of materials in all formats.
- Knowledge of curriculum content.
- Leadership and organizational qualities.
Minimum training and experience
- South Carolina certification as media specialist
Richland County School District One
1616 Richland St , Columbia, SC 29201
At the following locations
EAU CLAIRE HIGH SCHOOL
4800 MONTICELLO RD , COLUMBIA, SC 29203
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,316
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.20
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 766