Contracted Bus Driver
Posted 2 years ago
Title: Bus Driver
Selected by: Board of School Trustees by Recommendation of the Superintendent and Directors
Evaluated by: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Reports to: Transportation Director
Employment: Student year contract. Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
SUMMARY: To provide safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage from the district’s curriculum and extracurricular program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Obeys all traffic laws.
2. Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
3. Maintains discipline when students are on bus.
4. Reports undisciplined students to the proper authority.
5. Keeps assigned bus clean.
6. Keeps to assigned schedule
7. Checks bus before each operation for mechanical defects.
8. Notifies the proper authority in case of mechanical failure or lateness.
9. Discharges students only at authorized stops.
10. Reports all accidents and completes required reports.
11. Enforces regulations against smoking and eating on the bus.
12. Checks bus after each operation so that all children are accounted for.
13. Promote good public relations for the School Corporation and community.
14. Lead by example by exemplifying good moral conduct.
- Other appropriate duties assigned by his/her supervisor.
Good health with the ability to meet physical requirements.
Demonstrate aptitude and/or competence for assigned responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid CDL license with all appropriate endorsements to drive a school bus preferred and must have good driving record.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, correspondences, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
Ability to apply general mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, peers, parents and community, and ability to speak clearly and concisely in written or oral communication.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable.