Security Officer -"Eyes on the Door" -Evening Shift 4pm - 10pm for 5 days/week
The School Security Officer - "Eyes on the Door Officer" is a 10 month part time position. This position is for the High School, Evening shift: 4pm - 10pm, 5 days/week.
SUMMARY: To provide students and staff a safe working environment
- Experience in law enforcement, school security and/or public safety, preferred.
- Valid Security Officer Registration Act (SORA) License, preferred.
- AED/CPR Certified, preferred.
- Knowledge of security measures, fire prevention, and crowd control. Ability to maintain order and to work with groups and individuals on matters of security and crisis management.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to communicate.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
- Must be able to use technology efficiently such as computer, two-way radio, video monitors, buzz-in systems, and other devices selected by the District to be part of the school security system.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- Valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Security monitoring, patrols and response to security problems
- Provides direct contact to the public at the main entrance and checks identification of visitors entering the school.
- Patrols district buildings and grounds to protect against illegal entry, acts of violence, vandalism, illegal drug activity, arson, and theft.
- Conducts regular inspections of windows, doors, and other points of entry to ensure that they are secure.
- Patrols school grounds to observe unauthorized persons or vehicles, parking violations, and overall security of the outside area including exterior lighting and emergency access routes.
- Detains unauthorized persons; calls for police assistance in accordance with the district’s security plan/crisis management plan.
- Participates in the district’s/school’s emergency and crisis management plan as assigned.
- Notifies police, fire department, or other appropriate authority of any situation requiring immediate attention.
- When needed accompanies students to main office.
- Directs traffic in parking lots.