Business Service IV - Department of Human Resources
Posted a month ago
Classified Job Posting
Business Service IV
Secretary – Human Resources Department
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree.
- Minimum of five years of successful experience in secretarial/clerical field.
- Experience or educational background in business and office education, particularly in bookkeeping, accounting, office procedures and record keeping,
- Proficiency in technology programs such as Word, Excel and Access and Frontline Technologies System.
- Working knowledge of common office equipment and machines.
- Ability to use excellent business English, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 works per minute with accuracy.
- Ability to take dictation at a minimum of 50 words per minute and to transcribe accurately or to produce transcriptions by another medium.
- Knowledge is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents and/or ratios.
- Ability to read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats and/or present information to others.
- Ability to understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Possess and demonstrate journey-level knowledge, skills and abilities in the performance of secretarial tasks.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of business office procedures and practices.
- Demonstrate ability to use technology programs to fulfill job requirements.
- Demonstrate ability to use office equipment and machines.
- Demonstrate knowledge of excellent business English, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Demonstrate keyboard/typing and fulfillment of transcriptions at approved rates for the position.
- Plan and prepare for assignments to ensure effective and efficient completion.
- Fulfill responsibilities without direct supervision.
- Initiate the identification of tasks required for the efficient operation of the office.
- Participate in planning to ensure office and phone coverage throughout the working day.
- Keep all work current.
- Apply clerical knowledge, skills and abilities to complete assigned tasks.
- Prepare and maintain certificated personnel and substitutes’ records such as attendance, vacation, transfers and other related records.
- Compile and type a variety of materials and enter and retrieve data from computer or terminal according to prescribed procedures; maintain files as required by regulations.
- Act as receptionist for teachers, visitors, etc. and answer inquiries or forward to appropriate person.
- Compile, update and maintain personnel files and records.
- Coordinate the management of job applications within the district, including the obtaining of applicant documents (certificates, transcripts, references, etc.).
- Coordinate and maintain an up-to-date record of all qualified job applicants.
- Prepare and distribute payroll information for certificated personnel and substitute teachers.
- Prepare monthly Board agenda items which relate to Personnel.
- Demonstrate good understanding of confidentiality when typing files on personnel, evaluation records and other correspondence; serve as liaison with central office on related issues.
- Maintain new and revised rules and regulations and confer with Human Resources Director to keep him or her informed of new developments.
- Serve as liaison between Human Resources Director, staff and community.
- Compose and transmit correspondence at the request of the Human Resources Director.
- Screen Human Resource Director’s mail and telephone calls and respond to all mail which can be handled at the secretarial level.
- Maintain and/or coordinate maintenance of the computerized personnel records.
- Collect information and prepare daily, monthly and other periodical and special reports such as Educational Management Information System (EMIS).
- Prepare and distribute employment verification forms.
- Prepare and update the district telephone directory.
- Manage Resources.
- Requisitions supplies, maintain inventory, distribute supplies to teachers as required and maintain records.
- Perform routine maintenance on office equipment and ensure that the need for other than routine maintenance is requested in a timely manner.
- Participate in training and staff development activities.
- Maintain clerical and computer technology skills through attendance at training sessions as appropriate.
- Attend required in-service training sessions.
- Demonstrate human relations and communications skills.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communications skills including clarity, concision and pleasant manner in phone conversations.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate awareness of and compliance with the district’s human relations policies and regulations.
- Exhibit excellent team-building skills.
- Accept delegated responsibilities willingly.
- Demonstrate possession of the physical and mental attributes required to perform all essential functions.
- Exhibit sufficient dexterity and motor skills to operate typewriter and/or computer keyboard at approved rate of speed and perform routine maintenance on office equipment, including copiers.
- Possess mental abilities require to read, interpret and follow written and oral instructions and carry out all required and assigned tasks listed above or on the active class specification or task list.
- Must be able to work under occasional stress.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Serve as backup to Superintendent’s secretary or other clerical positions as required or assigned.
Terms of Employment: Salary:
260 days Per the OAPSE Agreement