Long Term Substitute for Special Education
Posted a month ago
Career and Technical Education
Early Childhood Development/Daycare
English as a Second Language (EFL/ELL/ESL/ESOL)
Gifted and Talented
Lead Teacher/Department Head
Title: Long Term Substitute for Special Education
- Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate and appropriate Special Education Endorsement or eligibility
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective teaching methods an ability to maintain a positive learning environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
- Provides instruction to classified pupils in accordance with each pupil's individualized education program.
- Works cooperatively with regular education teaching staff to coordinate instructional activities and to monitor the progress of each pupil and provides support instruction in the regular classroom or resource center as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Sets specific objectives wherever possible in lesson preparation and weekly lesson plans and carries through presentation to effectively achieve these objectives.
- Meets at least once annually with the case manager, parents and other professional staff to review and revise the individualized education program and placement of each assigned pupil.
- Performs other duties within the scope of his/her employment and certification as may be assigned.