Days per year: 187
Starting salary $56,500
JOB TITLE: Math Interventionist-High School
REPORTS TO: Principal
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Exempt
PAY GRADE: Teacher Salary Scale
The Math Interventionist is responsible for supporting administrators and teachers in their efforts to prepare students for Academic Success.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate in Math or Generalist 7-12
- At least two years of successful teaching
- Good motivational skills with students and teachers
- Experience in teaching other teachers
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to exhibit flexibility.
- Teach Math Concepts during Ancillary classes
- Assist with bridging the gap of math skills with students not meeting standards.
- Assist with accelerating math instruction to GT and Above Grade-level students
- Collaborate with all math teachers, Math Coach, and Campus Coordinator to ensure all grade levels receive quality math instruction on a daily basis
- Ensure that students are learning math through literacy concept
- Monitor, track and upload student progress every 3 weeks.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom or adaptive equipment. May be required to lift and position students with physical disabilities; control behavior through physical.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Employee Signature of Acknowledgment of Special Funding Date
Program Supervisor Signature of Acknowledgment of Special Funding Date
Supervisor Signature of Acknowledgment of Special Funding Date