Instructional Aide, Pool
Job | Posted 14 days ago
Job Title: Instructional Aide
Wage/Hour Status: Non-exempt
Dept./School: Campus Assigned
Primary Purpose:Assist teacher in preparation and management of classroom activities and administrative requirements. Work under supervision of certified teacher.
High school diploma or GED
Valid Texas Paraprofessional Certificate
Highly Qualified as defined by NCLB
Ability to work well with children
Ability to communicate effectively
Some experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assist with administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
- Help maintain neat and orderly classroom.
- Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher; work with individual students or small groups.
- Help supervise students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
- Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Participate in faculty meeting and special events as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Equipment Used:Copier, personal computer, and audiovisual equipment.
Working Conditions:Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Moderate standing, stooping, bending, and lifting.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
1513 Sequoia, Krum, TX , Krum, TX 76249
At the following locations
1200 Bobcat Boulevard 1200 Bobcat Boulevard, Krum, TX 76249
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558