He/She shall be responsible to the Facilities Manager. It will be his/her responsibility to alert the Office of the Facilities Manager of any major maintenance items that have not already been scheduled for attention. It will also be his/her duty to assist the District based technical staff when they are working at his/her assigned school.
He/She must be capable of doing general maintenance, which includes but is not limited to:
- Developing a good “basic” knowledge of plant operations
- Capability of making written reports
- Emergency Plumbing Repair (small)
- Assist technical staff when necessary
- Carpentry assignments
- Lock and Door Repair
- Painting – interior and exterior
- Repair and maintain lockers
- Repair and/or assemble school equipment, such as furniture
- Small electrical repair and/or replacements, such as bulbs, ballasts, switches and receptacles
- Experience in Fire/Security Alarm Systems
- Willingness to get certified in Fire/Security Alarm Systems
- Any other related assignments as directed by the Facilities Manager
The Board reserves the right to hire before the closing of this post.