Special Education Teacher Grades 9-12
GREATER EGG HARBOR REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
Special Education Teacher
Any Subject Area
Full Time Tenure Track 2019-2020
- Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to maximize the learning experience of students with special needs, in academics, interpersonal skills and activities of daily living by implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities, outcomes; addressing students' specific needs; providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Conducts assessments, testing and diagnostic examinations of students for the purpose of identifying learning issues, and recommending courses of action or corrective procedures to overcome issues and maximize learning.
- Participates in PPT's and assists in developing Individual Educational Plans ("IEP") for students.
- Assists students and teaching staff in implementing students' IEP's and behavior management plans.
- Coordinates with administrators and other teaching staff members to ascertain individual student's abilities and needs, including students with special needs, and to familiarize stakeholders with social work services.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research, and by maintaining professional relationships with members of institutions of higher learning and the business community.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Knowledge of Special Education principles, theories, testing, methods, etc. as well as proven methods of maximizing the educational experience of students with special needs.
- Knowledge of differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- New Jersey State Certification as a Special Education (Science/Math Preferred)
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- Successful prior special education teaching experience in a high school setting preferred
The Board reserves the right to hire before the closing of this post.