Afterschool Enrichment Program - Instructor - General (2019-2020 School Year)
Working as an Afterschool Enrichment Program Instructor is not a full-time job. it is on an "on call" basis only, and you are not guaranteed any number of days of employment. Afterschool enrichment Program Instructors are not eligible to draw unemployment wages. [Campbell v. Poythress, 216 Georgia Appeals 834 (1995)]
Daily Rate: $47.00
- Must be 21 years of age or have completed a minimum of fifteen (15) quarter or nine (9) semester hours of college credit.
- Must possess a high school diploma or Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED). College degree or college credit is preferred.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Ability to work well with students, parents, staff, and the community.
- High integrity, excellent character, and good professional reputation.
- Ability to be regularly, predictably, and reliably at work.
- Abide by the Georgia Professional Standards Code of Ethics for Educators.
- Ability to perform tasks involving prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Ability to perform routine physical activities such as bending and lifting/pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds.
- Vision, hearing, written, and verbal communications are essential factors in performing required tasks.
Submitting an application to work in the Afterschool Enrichment Program does not guarantee you will be selected. All applications will be reviewed and only the most qualified applicants will be selected for an interview.
If you are currently working as an Afterschool Enrichment Program instructor and are interested in this position, please do not apply for this posting. Please contact Cynthia.Greene@henry.k12.ga.us
The Afterschool Enrichment Program has divided the elementary schools into regional clusters. Please review the school clusters listed below. You will be requested to select a cluster preference.
1. DUTCHTOWN: Dutchtown Elementary, Pates Creek Elementary, Red Oak Elementary, and Flippen Elementary.
2. HENRY COUNTY: Walnut Creek Elementary, and Wesley Lakes Elementary.
3. LOCUST GROVE: Locust Grove Elementary, Bethlehem Elementary, and Tussahaw Elementary
4. LUELLA: Hampton Elementary, Luella Elementary, Mount Carmel Elementary, Oakland Elementary, and Rocky Creek Elementary
5. OLA: New Hope Elementary, OIa Elementary, Rock Spring Elementary, and Unity Grove Elementary
6. STOCKBRIDGE: Austin Road Elementary, Cotton Indian Elementary, Fairview Elementary, Smith Barnes Elementary, and Stockbridge Elementary
7. UNION GROVE: East Lake Elementary, Hickory Flat, and Timberridge Elementary
8. WOODLAND: Pleasant Grove Elementary and Woodland Elementary.