The Academic Director is a district-level leader who collaborates with district leadership and school principals to ensure all students show dramatic student achievement gains and develop strong character skills to succeed in college and career. The primary responsibility of the Academic Director is to envision, cultivate and lead an academic environment where every child reaches ambitious targets for school-wide levels of mastery. The Academic Director will be familiar with and have expertise in the following: curriculum, curricular models, assessments and use of data which result in high student achievement. S/he will have a strong record of leading all curriculum, professional development and assessment initiatives. The Academic Director will coach principals in supporting teachers with curriculum, instruction and assessments. The Academic Director works with the district team to design and implement high-impact professional development for staff. This position requires an organized, creative and thoughtful educator with leadership experience, deep passion for academics, a proven ability to manage multiple projects and a demonstrated talent for inspiring outstanding achievement.
- CT Administrator Certification (092)
- At least 5 years of educational leadership experience with a record of high student achievement.
- Experience leading and managing adults.
SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Exemplary leadership, instructional and classroom management skills.
- Proven track record of meeting extremely high standards for student achievement.
- High level of personal organization and planning.
- Excellent communication skills with diverse constituents (teachers, parents, children, board members); clear writer, facilitator and public speaker.
- Proven ability to proactively lead by example, effectively manage adults, and seek out feedback.
- Team player; maturity, humility, strong work ethic, follow-through, sense of humor, and “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Intellectual interest in curriculum development, assessment and models of instruction.
- Strong belief in the Jumoke Academy mission and educational model.
Essential Responsibilities of the Academic Director include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and implementing highly effective instructional curriculum
- Assisting in the analysis of school-wide data in order to design responsive student interventions
- Reporting student achievement data to Executive Director and Board
- Working with principals to develop a functional Early Intervention Process
- Developing, leading and coaching principals to support effective teacher development.
- Observing lessons as needed and delivering targeted feedback to principal and teachers
- Collaborating with principals on curriculum, school programming, school year calendar, and assessments; regularly share feedback with Executive Director
- Collaborating with district team and principal leadership to coordinate and manage creative, inspiring professional development sessions in line with school goals and priorities
- Providing guidance for principals in writing thorough, thoughtful, actionable Professional Growth Plans (PGPs) for teachers.
- Monitoring the assessment process to ensure principals and teachers are using current data to drive instruction; facilitating regular, meaningful interim assessment data debriefs with school leadership.
- Participating in regular leadership team meetings.
- Leading staff trainings at start and end of school year and on professional development days.
- Working closely with dean of students to support efforts in character development and positive school culture.
- Modeling the Jumoke Academy’s professional and core values at all times; being a visible and highly engaged leader in the school community.
- And any other assigned duties as determined by the Executive Director.
The Academic Director reports directly to the Executive Director of Jumoke Academy.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT
Twelve month work year. Standard administrator work schedule, including meetings as needed.
Candidate must include Cover and Letter and Resume, with the completed application using this link: https://www.applitrack.com/jumoke/onlineapp/