SUMMARY: Provides instructional assistance for students and general clerical assistance for teachers as requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed. In other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the position.
- Assists teacher in implementing instructional program under the teacher's supervision.
- Assists students with classroom and homework assignments.
- Provides specialized educational support (Braille, behavior management and signing).
- Uses therapeutic holds when necessary as trained by a certified instructor.
- Tests and records student skills, achievements, and progress.
- Supports specific special educational program procedures.
- Maintains records on instructional and behavioral data as requested.
- Assists the teacher in maintaining a clean, attractive and safe learning environment.
- Reports information about a child's development and behavior to teachers.
- Organizes and monitors the use of materials and supplies; supports clerical needs.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- , writing and mathematics.
- Assist teachers in classroom/library education activities.
- Supervise students at recess and entering and exiting buses.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with others.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Assist students with daily living tasks such as feeding and toileting as necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Educational assistants must possess an Associate's degree or equivalent of sixty hours or pass a State approved proficiency test.
- First Aid and CPR Certification provided by the District where applicable.