Job | Posted 6 months ago
School District 742 is accepting applications for Lifeguard positions throughout the 2019-2020 school year and through the summer
Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experiences.
(Community Education/St. Cloud Park & Recreation Sites)
TYPE OF POSITION:
Hours based on seasonal and program needs
Flexible hours, including mornings, evenings and weekends
Hours may vary based on building/program needs
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must hold current CPR-PR, Lifeguard Training and First Aid Certifications
- Must have leadership, decision-making and public relations skills
Responsible for ensuring the safety of all patrons by preventing, recognizing and responding to emergencies.
Starts at $9.75/hr
- Maintain accurate records
- Communicate with public
- Show professionalism
- Maintain Confidentiality
- Basic principles and practices in assigned area of responsibility
- Basic data collection and documentation skills
- English language, grammar, and punctuation
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Positions in this class typically require: swimming, reaching, standing, walking, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Recognize and respond quickly and effectively in emergencies
- Enforce all aquatic facility polices, rules, and regulations
- Inspect the facility before and after your shift and report unsafe conditions or equipment to the supervisor
- Complete necessary records and reports
- Participate in regular in-service training sessions
- Use training to prevent accidents in the water and on the deck
- Supervise and discipline patrons of all age groups
- Maintain clean facilities for the public, including the pool deck and restrooms
- Maintain confidentiality with co-workers, participates and the public
- Maintain fitness level (swimming skills, strength, and endurance)
- Promote a positive and cooperative image of St. Cloud Recreation and St. Cloud School District 742 Community Education to the public
- Arrange to have a substitute 48 hours in advance if you will be absent
- Report to work prepared and ready to begin work at the start of your scheduled shift, properly groomed and wearing proper attire
- Complete additional duties as assigned by supervisor and the Recreation Programmer.
All Employees of Saint Cloud School District 742 are responsible to support District goals, to work collaboratively and respectfully with diverse populations of staff, students and parents and to model and promote a welcoming working and learning environment. Employees are expected to support and adapt to change and to demonstrate commitment to continuous performance improvement. Employees are responsible to establish and maintain effective communication with students, teachers, support staff, colleagues and parents, respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the District, and to be dependable and accountable in the performance of their work.
It is the prerogative of the District to assign staff so as to best meet the needs of the District.
St. Cloud Area School District 742
1000 44th Ave N, Suite 100 , St. Cloud, MN 56303
At the following locations
Building(s) to be determined
115 13th Avenue South , St. Cloud, MN 56303
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,408
% ELL Students
State Average: 8%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.44
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 200