High School Head Girls' Basketball Coach
The Springfield City School District is seeking a High School Head Girls' Basketball Coach for the winter 2019-20 season. This is an opportunity to join an urban school district dedicated to providing a quality education to all students. Our academic and extracurricular aim is to ensure academic growth for students with all abilities.
Stipend for this position is: $5,905.00
The successful candidate will possess the following traits and characteristics:
- Prior Basketball coaching experience
- Proven leadership experience
- Prior experience playing basketball
- Knowledge or experience in building a sports feeder system
- Strong knowledge of the game and game tactics
- Strong communication skills
- Commitment to the development of the student athlete
- Completion of an 8-hour Fundamentals of Coaching course as required.
- Completion of the Concussion in Sports course as required.
- Completion of an approved CPR course issued by the American Red Cross, The American Heart Association or similar entity.
- Completion of a 4-hour Sports Medicine or Sports Safety First Aid course issued by the American Red Cross or similar entity.
- Completion of the Lindsay's Law certification from the Ohio Department of Education.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Pupil Activity Permit as issued by the Ohio Department of Education
- Copies of the above documents must be on file in Human Resources.