Supervisor of Guidance
GREATER EGG HARBOR REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
SUPERVISOR OF GUIDANCE
Function: The Supervisor of Guidance works within the scope of his/her certification and the needs of the school district to provide leadership and supervision to the counselors, faculty and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of long-range plans for the department.
- Monitor departmental programs and their progress toward accomplishment of departmental goals.
- Recommend assignment of departmental staff to the administration.
- Assist department supervisors and administrators as needed.
- Strive to increase the efficient use of district resources in the management of the department.
- Observe and evaluate the performance of professional staff.
- Serve as liaison with educational and community agencies outside of school as well as with parents.
- Work cooperatively with colleagues and the administration.
- Encourage professional growth both personally and among staff.
- Develop the master schedule for the school.
- Develops curricular programs and pathways for student post-secondary plans and opportunities.
- Supervise the schools Basic Skills Program.
- Manage Dual Enrollment, Advanced Placement, and Early College Programs and courses.
- Coordinate all school testing.
- Facilitate honor roll and awards recognitions.
- Develop and evaluate services and programs in the area of mental health, suicide prevention/awareness programs.
- Plan, implement and evaluate parent programs.
Supervised by: Principal
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with Board of Education policies.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree
- Master’s Degree in Student Counseling or Equivalent
- N.J. Certification required