Job Summary: To assist the superintendent toward the accomplishment of the mission of the Kalama School District to assure that within a nurturing and stimulating environment each of our diverse students and graduates achieve literacy and appropriate core competencies and becomes a responsible and compassionate citizen. Substitute paraeducators, custodial, cafeteria, secretaries, program specialists.
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Required to have completed one of the following requirement: Either (1) documentation to support an Associate’s Degree or transcripts to verify the comparable equivalence (i.e. 72 college quarter credits or 48 semester credits from an accredited university, college, community college or business school), or (2) ETS ParaPro Assessment with a passing score of 461 (this can be taken at ESD 112), or (3) Completed an Apprenticeship Program.
- Experience or training working with students
- Ability to work and communicate well with staff members
- Ability to follow a variety of prescribed education strategies
- Ability to independently complete assigned tasks
- Knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics
- Strong communication skills
- Be able to follow directions in a cooperative work environment
- One year of job related experience working with students in an educational setting preferred
- Bilingual is preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides instruction to students under the supervision of a certified teacher
- Lead small group instruction utilizing specific curriculums
- Assist classroom teachers as required with instructional programs including supervision of student activities and clerical support
- Monitor student behaviors on all parts of the campus and make appropriate supervisory decisions
- Supervise students and maintain a harmonious atmosphere by encouraging peaceful resolution of conflicts
- Clerical duties and data entry as required
- Manage required forms and records
- Responsible to communicate effectively, be a team player and to treat all students with dignity
- Strong self-management skills, self-initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong regard for relationships with peers, students and parents
- Punctuality, flexibility and good sense of humor
- Preference to bilingual
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. Occasionally the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. The employee is directly responsible for safety, well-being, or work output of other people.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.