Posted 10 months ago
Substitute Position; various locations within ISD as needed
- High school graduate, or equivalent with courses in math, typing, English and word processing equipment.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Typing skill at a rate of 60 words per minute with high accuracy and knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to handle confidential information and knowledge of the privacy act.
- Interpersonal skills to deal effectively with the public, students, peers, staff and parents.
- One year, (associate degree or vocational training will be evaluated and considered for the experience requirement), or successful current experience as a typist/clerk, secretary or technical support person.
- Willingness to increase knowledge in word processing and data processing operations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Basic qualities: ability to prioritize; readiness to learn, do and be directed; demonstrate ingenuity, initiative, and flexibility; be knowledgeable and supportive of TBAISD programs, services and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with school staff and community members.
- Word processing, desk-top publishing and basic typing skills and the knowledge to provide technical support with Microsoft Office software.