THIRD PARTY JOB OPPORTUNITY - Substitute Food Service
DAYS AND HOURS
$7.50 / Hr.
Assists in all areas of food service preparation, serving and clean-up in an efficient and pleasant manner.
The Substitute Food Service reports to the Director of Food Service and may receive direction from the Head Cook and/or building principal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares menu items including salads, sandwiches, etc.
- Places identified food onto trays.
- Set up lines following district guidelines.
- Cleans and sanitizes all dishes in an efficient and timely manner following established guidelines.
- Assists with the daily cleaning of all serving areas and the kitchen to ensure cleanliness and sanitary conditions are met.
- Counts money, makes change and completes the related daily report accurately.
- Assists with various duties within the kitchen as needed
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Must successfully complete APS required training.
- Must comply with all APS rules, policies and procedures.
- Provide support to other positions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) .
- Prior food service experience, preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employee of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but basic written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Ability to work in a friendly manner with co-workers and students. Ability to perform job and communicate in a noisy environment. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the community. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk and continuously required to stand. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and truck while performing the duties of this job. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and repeat the same hand/arm/finger motion many times as in operating the dishwasher.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds such as dishes, trays, kettles, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and depth perception and peripheral vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in temperatures above 90 and occasionally will walk on slippery surfaces. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints and interact with public and other workers. The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud to where you have to raise your voice to be heard. The employee has a greater than average risk of getting a minor injury such as cut or burn while performing the duties of this job.