Assistant Coach - Basketball
Mt. Pleasant HS
Contingent upon funding
Under direction of the school principal, Head Coach and the Athletic Director/or appropriate supervisor/Administrator, Individuals will be available three hours each day participate at games, and scout opponents whenever assigned to this task by the Head Coach.
Roles & Responsibilities
*Follow instructions issued by the Head Coach.
*Assist in the issuing, maintaining, and collecting of equipment.
*Perform duties in accordance with the Providence School Department Athletic Handbook.
*Teach fundamentals and skills.
*Teach rules and regulations.
*Display good sportsmanship at all times.
*Supervise players at all times.
*Assume responsibility for related duties that may be assigned by the Head Coach.
Salary Rate Range
8% of the Teacher Salary Scale
Must be certified in accordance with the new RIIL Coaching Permit Requirements
- BA in education or related field preferred but not required.
- Have current CPR/First Aid Certification in possession (required)
- Principles of Coaching.
- Psychology of Coaching.
- Athletic Training (Prevention and care of athletic injuries).
- Bio-mechanics (Analysis and understanding of human movement).
- Previous playing and coaching experience preferred.
- Dedication to the service of youth and ability to gain and hold the respect of team members.
- Successful recruitment of team members and ability to field a team for practice and game conditions.
- Proper physical conditioning related to the sport during practice sessions.
- Successful completion of the interscholastic season
- You must complete the new hire compliance training prior to your first day of employment