English Language Arts Teacher (High School)- School of Innovation
The Springfield City School District is seeking a English Language Arts instructor for the High School level. This is an opportunity to join an urban school district, serving approximately 8,000 students, dedicated to providing a quality education to all students. Our students represent our whole community and we value the racial ethnic and socioeconomic diversity of our student body. They are making more "value added" progress than most of their peers throughout the state. Our high school students have seen the most striking growth in educational options as we now allow students to blend traditional coursework, on-line coursework, and experiential learning. We are proud that our innovative approach to customize and personalize education has earned us state and national commendations.
The successful candidate must possess or have applied for a 7-12 Language Arts teaching license issued by the Ohio Department of Education.
The successful candidate will also possess:
- The ability to differentiate instruction for a variety of student ability levels/learning styles
- Effective classroom management techniques
- The ability to mentor/develop strong, appropriate positive relationships with challenging students
- The ability to creatively plan, design, and critique instruction with a core academic team of teachers
- The ability to effectively integrate technology into lessons
- Willingness to actively participate in year round professional development activities
- A high level of tolerance and willingness to give students multiple chances to correct behaviors, and ultimately succeed
- The ability to reflect on ways to improve instruction/rapport with students and team members on a daily basis.
Experience working with at-risk youth preferred, but not required.
As set forth in our negotiated agreement, teachers work a total of 183 days per year.
Starting salary is $37,789.00 with increases for additional education and experience.
Salary details available online (SEA agreement) at https://www.scsdoh.org/cms/lib/OH02215834/Centricity/Domain/268/Final%20SEA%202017-2020%20Contract.pdf
Benefit information available online at https://www.scsdoh.org/Page/2059
***Special note: $1,000.00 Annual Bonus awarded to the successful candidate!!!