Part-Time Custodian - Odyssey Charter School
Job Title: Part-Time Custodian - Odyssey Charter School
Department: Campus Facilities
Supervisor: Campus Facilities Manager
Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe interior and exterior environment in various buildings and
grounds on campus, perform light maintenance and assist staff with various requests to allow for smooth
operation of education services.
Part-Time, 12 month, Position
Evening hours during school year
Daytime hours during summer
Maximum 29.5 hours/week
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Vacuum, mop, sweep, etc. all floor areas including classrooms, offices, restrooms, etc.
- Sanitize, disinfect and clean all restrooms to include toilets, urinals, sinks, mirrors, partitions, dispensers, dryers, etc.
- Restock supplies as necessary to include paper towels, toilet paper, sanitary bags, etc.
- Perform general cleanup of all interior and exterior areas of the building as directed
- Manage routine upkeep of exterior areas, green space and parking lot to include weed control, debris pickup, mulching, etc.
- Complete non-routine cleaning according to specified job orders
- Remove garbage and recycling daily and prepare bins for weekly pick-up
- Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests
Position Core Competencies:
Job Knowledge - Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has
necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in
command of critical issues
Productivity - Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work
Quality - Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously,
monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems
Teamwork- Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader
to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Knowledge of institutional and/or commercial cleaning duties
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment and chemicals
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 20 to 50 pounds and constantly moving items correctly and safely;
- Frequent kneeling, bending, crouching and reaching;
- Frequent handling of various sizes and weights of items.
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment and chemicals;
- Reliable transportation;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Neat and clean appearance.
- Favorable Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check for the candidate who is offered employment
- Tuberculin Test
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck
Interested applicants must apply online.
Please Contact Human Resources: Human.Resources@odyssey.k12.de.us
Odyssey Charter School does not discriminate in employment or in educational programs, services or activities based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, military/veteran status, disability, marital status or any other protected category in accordance with state and federal laws.