Job Title: Teacher, Tutor
Location: Student Resource Center, Hale Road School, 56 Hale Road, Painesville Twp
Reports To/Evaluated By: Program Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Provides one-on-one and/or small group tutoring to students grades 6-12 at the Student Resource Center by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the administration.
- Support students using the Resource Center academically, social emotionally, and behaviorally.
- Keep informed of trends, methods, and issues as well as local, state, and federal mandates/policies relating to teaching in the area of certification/licensure.
- Properly supervise student behavior.
- Confer with parents, and other educators as necessary.
- Support students in all academic subjects.
- Create learning materials and use all available resources to present instruction geared to each student's ability and interest.
- Work with students to increase motivation, provide consistent reinforcement to learning, continuous assessment of level of functioning, and continuous feedback to student for all learning activities.
- Support parents in developing skills in dealing with student's learning.
- Perform necessary record keeping procedures to include attendance, behavior incidences, etc.
- Attend meetings and complete forms necessary for the quality operation of education relating to your area of responsibility.
- Attend training and pass any test or assessment related to such training within the timeframe established by the supervisor.
- Ability to work at least two (2) evenings per week (M/W or T/TH) 2-hour sessions (4 hours total weekly)
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully an individual should have knowledge of internet browser use for research, and ability to use virtual meeting tools. Ability to operate a copier and personal computer, and input grades into a database.
Education/Experience & Certification: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; prefer a valid teaching license with the State of Ohio Department of Education. At a minimum must obtain a substitute teaching license
Criminal Records Check: Must comply with Ohio Revised Code 3319.39 – Criminal Records Check.
Drug Testing: Must pass a 10 panel drug screen at time of hire and comply with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988.